Thursday, May 29, 2008

Greetings

Well...since this is my first time blogging onto this Web site I guess I will begin with how Scott & I began.

Scott and I met May 2000 through my aunt and uncle while playing co-ed softball at Johnson Park. In the beginning, we were just dating but slowly started a serious relationship. The joke is, I asked Scott out on our first date to go to "Scary Movie" on July 29, 2000. From then on we've been together ever since.

During this time, I was attending school at Middle Georgia College and later transfered to Georgia College & State University, and Scott stuck by me through graduation. While a Junior at GCSU, Scott proposed on February 9, 2003 during the Sunday morning service at Prospect United Methodist Church while friends and family witnessed. Wedding plans were then set for after graduation.

In May 2004, I graduated from GCSU with a B.A in Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations. After a summer internship at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame in Macon and job searching, I took a district executive position with the Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America which moved me to Douglasville, Ga. At the same time, Scott was working at City Electric in Covington while planning our wedding.

On February 19, 2005 we were married at the exact place where Scott asked me to be his wife...Prospect United Methodist.

In 2006, Scott began a new lighting sales position within the same company of City Electric which requires a large amount of miles on the road. Now, we both work from home and the ability to make our own schedules.

After living in a 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartment we ventured out to buy our first home in Paulding County in March 2007.

Over the last year, we've enjoyed our new home, "growing up" and officially being in debt.

Recently, I have brought "Mr. Riley" dog from my mom's to our home!! We love having "Mr." here with us and spoiling him until we have a little one of our own.

No comments: